Tuesday 10 February 2015

Colour Analysis and The Stylish Sew-along.

I have been loosely following along with the Pattern Review Stylish Sew-Along.
The purpose is to basically up our style.
The discussions have covered culling wardrobes,  style sites, hints to feeling more stylish and working out our colours amongst others.
I think this site was linked  in the thread - The Chic Fashionista - but it has an excellent article on doing a colour analysis . I  tried to do my colours many years ago but the choices seemed so limited. You could chose from red , blonde , black or brunette hair. Eye colouring was limited to blue, brown, green and black . So my mother with red hair and brown eyes is an Autumn. My father with black hair and blue eyes is a Winter. But what about their mousy haired daughter with tri-coloured blue/green/hazel eyes . Mousy coloured hair is so common but none of the colour analyses included such a mundane hue .
This site does and finally I have worked out I am a Light Spring.
I had to write this down so I don't forget.

I have done  some sewing - three pairs of shorts for my daughters using New Look 6100 .
I have also sewed a couple of new cardigans as part of the Stylish Sew-along to replace outdated, stained ones in my wardrobe. I have just finished sewing a navy charmeuse top using Simplicity 2418 and tonight cut out my precious Liberty lawn given to me by an English friend using a KnipMode skirt pattern. I hope to post some pictures soon.

Happy sewing Janine.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, colour analysis can be difficult. Glad you've finally had success. Could you put the link to that site, please?
    Vancouver Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have found a very limited analyst - I worked out you were a light spring as soon as I saw you - I did train in this area years ago.

    The pattern review group seems a good way to get some of your wardrobe needs sorted out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so fun to have colours done and I wish I could stick to them when I buy fabric but there are so many pretties out there. Must check out this sew-a-long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing what you sew with the Liberty fabric and how you found working with it. I have only made one garment with Liberty and it was a dream to sew and to wear. If only it wasn't so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janine, how cool that you have been using our discussions in your sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting. Please feel free to leave a comment . I am open to any constructive criticism and comments because I love learning and trying to grow in any way possible and enjoy discussions.